Mittwoch, 12. September 2007

Second to the right, down the road. You'll smell the apple trees before you see them


After you are finished twisting and turning, you are left with a few basic things. What you want and what you can actually get. Those are two separate concepts, but closely related. I'm a firm believer in going after what you want because what else is there to life. But it never comes without a sacrifice and you have to be ready, it comes when you least expect it. I wish life was like a journal. Where you can do back and correct or even tear the pages out. I've been sitting here for some time now, fighting the urge to go back and delete a bunch of my old entires. Seems all I am these days is one giant contradiction. I don't even believe in keeping a journal! It's dangerous to get stuck in the past. You have to keep moving. Closer to something yet incomprehensible, but it's there. Closer to take-off. You have to be able to fly before you can be totally free. I couldn't get myself to delete any entries, today. It won't make them undone. But they are constant reminders that I can't erase anything. I once was given a pair of socks. Such a small gesture. I really liked those socks, soft and comfortable, but I didn't want to wear them out. So I used them mostly around the house. After only a couple of weeks, they were practically worn out. I couldn't understand it really, I had been so careful. They continue to lie in my drawer, along with all the ordinary socks. On the surface, they look brand new. But when you take a closer look, they are filled with holes. I still wear them once in a while, my steps are seemingly lighter then. Because they are so fragile and if I'm not careful, my feet touch the cold floor.

4 Kommentare:

goldtips6285yahoocom hat gesagt…

the cold floor seems to to have a power of a fire to burn.

crhucneodtigeryahoocom hat gesagt…

As someone who's had every one of their mistakes up for public viewing, I am constantly reminded of who I was, and the person I now am. These are things to be learned from, so even when I look back now and see how I was, it makes me realize how completely I've changed and what I still need to do. The past you can never get rid of, all you can do is keep it as a reminder even if you don't want it there.Life breeds familiarity, like your old familiar socks. I have a pair of jeans, and they are tattered and frayed at the bottom and a few holes in the pockets. I still take them out to wear, even when I know they are just give me comfort sometimes. - Christian

amuse hat gesagt…

Deleting entries admits being ashamed of them. They should be something to look back on, to help you look ahead.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.