Donnerstag, 16. August 2007

You know, he put me at ease made me weak in the knees



This place has certainly made it's mark on me. It's going to be a little sad to leave, but I have no doubts I'll see it soon. A real home, not a fancy Hollywood mansion with so many rooms you forget what's in them. I used to have a vague memory about what that was like. Faded wallpaper, dying flowers. Which I did my best to save by the way. This is a home, but the owner is still missing. Some places you just feel at home in an instant. Hotel are examples of the opposite, who has ever felt at home in a sterile room, a temporary stop along the way for many thousands of people. It took me a while to get used to this house, with it's funny tea cups and piles of magazines. Now I don't want to leave. I miss him. We chose the silliest time, but I really couldn't be happier. We've spent a couple of nights on the phone together, it's not like he's having problems remembering the number. Last night I put on one of his sweatshirts and curled up on the couch. It was much too big for me of course, but it smelled like him. A weak scent of cologne, cigarettes, washing powder and something else. A scent you will only catch if you lean in to whisper in someone's ear. Trademark. What makes it possible to recognize someone in pitch-darkness. And I most definitely tend to lose my mind a little at this stage of a relationship. We're leaving for Kenya. It's not that many scenes left, we should be done within a couple of weeks, if everything goes after schedule. It's been such an amazing experience. I'm constantly taken all over the world and I learn so much... and you have all heard this before, right. I'll shut up. I wouldn't change anything right now. Alright, I'd might want a certain bassist by my side, but that's about it. I'm listening to sad breakup songs for some twisted reason. I really love this one. I have such respect for people who have been in this game for years and years and still continue to produce decent stuff. Enjoy it, kids. You never know when it's going to be over and what might cause it to fall.

24 Kommentare:

dadydifodnuyouyahoocom hat gesagt…

Your last paragraph speaks volumes.

kbeapataknoleh hat gesagt…

Sometimes sad breakup songs are great for the purpose of irony, just like happy songs are classic for when you're extremely fucking depressed.

k0hihcmc0 hat gesagt…

I'm not denying the point of the rest of it. I think it's nice that women are able to do it. Sadly, it seems a bit more awkward if a man decides to put on a girl's favourite shirt while she's away.

zohnhn17 hat gesagt…

I love that icon! Makes me want to get some new ones too. You are so smashing. I want to hug you and never let go.

ptgmkp98yahoocom hat gesagt…

Ha ha ha!! Oh the mental images.

xcrlh hat gesagt…

Just think back to Cindy.

salaamalaikam hat gesagt…

I don't think I have a dress quite that fancy.

swestidlenese16 hat gesagt…

Right. Cindy oozed class.

v1de7narut02o hat gesagt…

Because nothing says class more than sparkling pink.

joellovesclementine2159yahoocom hat gesagt…

Most definitely not. She was charm.

tonsvideo28s hat gesagt…

Absolutely. And so pretty. I'm thinking about becoming a lesbian. And I'm going after your girlfriend.

xcrlh hat gesagt…

I haven't seen Cindy in years. Good luck tracking her down.

senesmissyahoocom hat gesagt…

What? Sob. Don't break my heart here. I want her and only her and that's the end of that story.

japanimerulez6935 hat gesagt…

I can only go on about Cindy for so long before I remember it's Alex and can no longer act very well.

crazymiadnkwort63 hat gesagt…

Are you kidding? That's the best part. What, you think I would cheat on him? *acts extremely shocked*

bofaux hat gesagt…

Love the quote at the end of your journal log 'you never know when it's going to be over and what might cause it to fall'. I think the same way.

rebpawaeducadores93 hat gesagt…

Thank you. I don't know if it's a quote or not, I made it up as I went along because I'm a cliche like that.

oosesnshcks82 hat gesagt…

Wow, I'm actually quite fascinated by the ways you are. Time for a biography maybe? *grins*

exp9singtheleft8o hat gesagt…

Auto-biography sorry

twenthowohytone hat gesagt…

Of course not.

keoniphoenix hat gesagt…

That better not be sarcasm.

twochip hat gesagt…

It wasn't, it wasn't.

enrualpejez hat gesagt…

Why are you so mean today? I think every one-liner you say is sarcasm. Why am I so paranoid is a more appropriate question.

joshinya hat gesagt…

I'm Dave. I don't think there can be much more said on the matter. Everyone thinks I'm sarcastic even when I'm not.